Tuesday 14 September 2010

Krishna Yog


Welcome Back..

I am yet again excited..Well I think I have good enough reasons for that..:-). I have just released my debut album Krishna Yog. It has been a long journey , but thankfully all ended well..


Ok , here I present, some videos that I posted in the youtube, for which I have been getting some good responses, thankfully.

  1. Krishna Yog Theme
  2. Krishna Yog Trailer
If you liked these videos, and you would like to own a copy of it, please follow the link to my website at http://www.vasucv.com/krishna_yog-buy.html

A sneak peek into the back stage drama

About an year back, sitting in my office canteen at lunch time, for some reason pantuvarali ragam ( scale in carnatic music system) was running in my mind.. In the desire of giving that tune a shape, some words started weaving up in my mind, and slowly a couple of lines formed.. I came home and ended up making the whole song. I had then bought riyaz studio, a software for tabla that loops the beats and it was very helpful in making me record loops and then sing on top of it. I dint have any good mic with me then, so i recorded the initial version of this song with my ordinary internet mic and my new Multitrack recording software called N-Track. The song was Darshan Do. I sent this very crude version of the recorded song to my friends and relatives and they became quite emotional after listening to this new song of mine.. Hmm, I thought ,, shall we go ahead and do something more serious?? After some initial hick-ups, I then caught hold of some people in the film music direction circle, who agreed to assist me in making the album. Nothing but a gift from god, I wrote 5 full songs in a span of one month.. what started off as a free experimental work, was already getting a shape of more professional undertakings.. I was happy.. The Album had all the songs ready with all the backing orchestra etc, sometime around July in 2009. All it needed was to get my voice recorded properly and then the mixing.. After some tries with my brand new recording gears, and sending it across to mix engineers, I wasn't very happy about the final product, and I thought I am probably rushing this, as it was meant to release in August last year. I said to myself, no way can we go ahead with the mix quality that we had, and realized that it was quite important that I be around when the mixing happens.. I took a deep breath and called it off as I couldn't go to India during that time.
Sometime around May this year, I decided that I could restart the project as I had enough time before Krishna Janmashtami ( the auspicious day on which lord Sri. krishna was born). That was the release date I had in mind, as all the songs were in praise of the glorious lord. Dreaming about this project became quite natural for me and I couldnt see or hear anything other than this product... During one of those dreams, I dreamt that Ganesh Rajagopalan ( of the Ganesh Kumaresh Fame) who is one of the greatest violinists of the country, played an instrumental version of one of my songs. I woke up with a smile and searched for their number.. Lucky enough that I got it, I called Ganesh Ji and spoke to him and later followed up with a mail with my intent of the project and a sample of the song I had imagined he would play. Fortunately, Ganesh Ji responded back with a positive note that he quite liked the music and he is more than happy to work with me.. My dream finally realized in India when we all finally sat together and finished what I had dreamt of.. Real Dream Come True ..
All set, the project was successfuly released on the Janmashtami Day as Planned. The CD's were signed off to the popular label Swathi Sanskriti Series ( http://www.kalakendra.com/) .
Its now in the market..:)
Thanks for sharing this joy with me, and for all those who appreciated me for my work , thanks a ton, as it does encourage me to work more along the same lines and make more good music..

Thanks folks!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on ur beautiful achievement Vasu :) Good to see u following ur heart and making it big :) All the best

    - Srikkant
    X-Juniperite

    ReplyDelete